- Double space the whole paper.
- Use an easily readable 12 point font, such as Times New Roman (this document uses
Times New Roman).
- The margins of the paper all the way around are 1 inch
- Use the tab key (5 spaces) when beginning a new paragraph.
- Put your last name and page number in the upper right corner of each page, 1⁄2 inch from
the top of the page.
- On the first page, in the upper left, one inch from the top of the page, list your name, the
instructor’s name, the class and the date. The date should be in this format: 21 March
- Center the title. Do not use a different, larger or bold font. Do not put extra space
between the title and the text of the paper.
Here is a sample of the first page of an essay in MLA format
Here is a sample of the In-Text Citation Chart